Search More Here

Custom Search

Thursday, May 1, 2008

My AOS Timeline

Here's my Adjustment of Status Timeline (US Immigration). Please note that AOS timeline is not the same for everyone. It's a case to case basis.

After our wedding, the immigration paperworks continues. It's time to adjust status and be able to get the United States resident card. My sweetheart and I prepared all the papers and finished all the required shots that are required ( Tetanus Dyphteria and MMR). Those were the two shots that weren't given at St. Luke Hospital Extension, Philippines and are required for me to get here in the USA. I am posting my adjustment of status timeline for reference to those who are also applying for their adjustment of status. In our case, I was not interviewed anymore. After my biometrics, the USCIS service center just sent me my US green card. I know some Filipina's who were interviewed, and there were also some that were not interviewed. I guess it depends on who's handling your case. For those who were interviewed, I heard that The US Immigration Services send them (applicant) a letter and set appointment time for interview and location.

We sent our application to Chicago. It was forwarded to Missouri Service Center and then forwarded to California Service Center.

My AOS Timeline:
2-09-2006 Arrived in the US (POE: Detroit)
3-03-2006 Wedding day
3-15-2006 Applied for SSN under Married Name
4-03-2005 Sent AOS Applications
4-14-2006 Received AOS 1st NOA (Receipt Notice)
4-17-2006 Received AOS 2nd NOA (Biometrics Appointment Notice)
4-20-2006 Received Social Security Card
4-25-2006 Biometrics (USCIS Atlanta, GA)
6-03-2006 Received Notice of Transfer to California
6-15-2006 Received Case Status Email that Application been APPROVED!
6-16-2006 Received Case Status Email that Welcome Notice was mailed
6-19- 2006 Received Welcome Notice by Mail
6-22-2006 Received Green Card

No comments:

Post a Comment