Search More Here

Custom Search

Monday, April 28, 2008

K-1 Visa

I met my husband November 2004. Six months later, he visited me and my family in the Philippines and surprised me with an engagement ring. He bought 2 copies of NOLO Fiance' & Marriage Visas, A Couple's Guide to U.S. Immigration (2nd Edition). He brought the other copy of the book to the Philippines during his visit and he left it with me. That time, the book served as my guide because it has step by step guides for every U.S. Immigration forms.

We decided to marry in the US. For my then US Citizen fiance', to bring me to the US, so that we can marry and live there, we needed to apply for a K-1 Visa. It is a nonimmigrant visa for a fiancé (spelled as fiancée when referring to a woman). A K-1 Visa is a Fiance' Visa. A fiancé(e) is a person who is engaged or contracted to be married.That is a visa for a foreign fiance'(e) to travel to the United States for marriage. The first step of applying a K-1 Visa is for the U.S Citizen fiance'(e) to file a fiancé(e) petition using Form I-129F (Petition for Alien Fiance'(e))

So, my then Fiance' file a Petition for me with the Department of Homeland Security's U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). All applicants must submit their applications to office that serves the area they live. In our case, my then fiance' submitted the Petition for Alien Fiance'(e) to USCIS Texas Service Center.


No comments:

Post a Comment