Search More Here

Custom Search

Sunday, April 27, 2008

How I Met The Love of My Life

I am now a Green Card Holder here in the US. It means one very important thing, I and my sweetheart wont be separated by distance again. I love my sweetheart so much and remembering the journey that we've been through, about all the waiting and all the documents hard work is now just a sweet memory. We are now happily married and my life wont be this sweeter without him. I love waking up in the morning seeing his face and love seeing him very last thing at night, before I close my eyes to sleep. I am making this blog for other couples who are separated by distance, especially those separated by country and are experiencing the same agony of waiting. Passing through immigration is a long process thats needs faith, patience and hard work. People say love always finds a way and I say it does.

I met my sweetheart in one of the dating services online. I was actually just trying it at first. I never believed finding true love online is possible. Later, after learning from a friend that she found the love of her life online, I thought of trying it too. I was teaching highschool mathematics in the Philippines. After classes, I still have lots of things to do, like checking quizzes, assignments and projects. I also have tutorials. Most of the time, I bring my work at home and do it at night. I would say my life was all about school.

As I was saying, I tried online dating. Met few men online and exchanged emails. I usually give my yahoo ID but dont use to chat most of the time. It was not my priority at that time. Few months later I tried online chatting, i was with a friend, she was chatting with her boyfriend in an internet cafe. I got tired waiting for her as I was just sitting at the back, waiting, I talked to the owner and told him I wanted to use one computer too. I started browsing the internet, I opened myforeignbride dating website. I was browsing member profiles, to me they all look a like. Then I saw Tom's profile. To this date, I still remember how he look like and what he wrote in his profile. He was saying, " looking for the same qualities I have". Looking at his picture, I know there was something special in him, felt like I wanna know him better. I didnt do anything but sit and read his profile again and again. I sent him a short email and next day, he wrote me back. That was the start of a wonderful relationship. I found his great qualities beyond the handsome package. We became best friends online and started calling each other almost everyday or send sms through cellphones. Later we just fall for each other. Tom told me, he was scared at first to tell me he love me, he tried to tell me several times but was too afraid, he'll scare me away. Unknown to him, I was feeling the same way then. May 2, 2005, he travelled to visit me to the Philippines , that was the happiest day of our lives being together (then that we were not yet married). He is the best thing that ever happened to me and I am thankful to God for blessing me with him, now, my wonderful husband. His parents are both great. I call them the greatest in laws. During Tom's visit to the Philippines, he met my family and my relatives and they all fall in love with him. Tom is just amazing. When he left to came back to the US, we were all sad. Oh how we cried on the eve of his return to the US. He told me, he'll start the paperwork so I can follow him and never be separated again. We petitioned me through K-1 Visa (fiancee) and I waited closed to 6 months until the day of my medical exam and my embassy interview. The pain of waiting was unbearable but then love and faith gives you the strenght to hold on, the patience to wait and the will to go on.

I want the ladies or couples to know that you can make it. Just pray and be patient. Soon you'll be with each other again and life will be more beautiful spending it with the love of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment