Search More Here

Custom Search

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sample Letter of Intent To Marry

During our Petition For Alien Fiance(e) processing, I remember myself and my then fiance' submitted a letter of intent to marry. You can read it in the I-129F General Instructions, #5. part B that says; "Provide original statements from you and your fiancé(e) whom you plan to marry within 90 days of his or her admission, and copies of any evidence you wish to submit to establish your mutual intent; and." You can check the most recent instruction for Form I-129F, Petition For Alien Fiance'(e) here.

Here is our Sample Letter of Intent to Marry. The body of our letter of intent is very simple. We wrote almost similar letter of intent. You can make it a bit longer. Maybe state your intention why and when do u plan to marry. It's up to you. I think the letter of intent is more into you and your fiance'(e) intends to marry upon the issuance of your K-1 visa, and that you intend to marry within the 90 days of the foreign fiance'(e)'s entry into the United States.

Sample Letter of Intent To Marry Fiance'(e).

********
Date
Address (of the Petitioner or the foreign fiance'(e))


United States Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Address of the USCIS office


Dear Sir/ Madam:


I, (U.S citizen petitioner OR foreign fiance's name) , do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry my fiance'(e) (U.S citizen petitioner OR foreign fiance's name), and intend to do so within 90 days of his/her OR my arrival into the US using the K-1 visa.


Truly yours,


(signature here)
( printed name)


*****
Note: Some couples had their letter(s) of intent notarized and I heard some couples did not. In our case, we just signed our letters and that was it.

No comments:

Post a Comment